Citizenship in Turkey for foreigners who buy a home
Use our consulting services to apply for citizenship for foreigners who buy a home in Turkey.
All citizenship applications and other investments for foreigners who buy houses in Turkey are made by us without the need for a foreigner to come to Turkey by power of attorney.
The government of the Republic of Turkey was realized foreign investor program in the year of 2017 and updated in the month of May in the 2018. Thanks to that program, when a foreign buy a home which values more than 250 thousand dollars or make investment more than 2 million dollars like establishing/buy a company or make 3 million dollars investment to the country banks on the condition that they do not withdraw for three years , the foreign can get a citizenship from Turkey.
In addition, foreigners who receive 1.5 million dollars in real estate investment fund participation share or venture capital investment fund participation share and hold it for three years will also be granted Turkish citizenship
Also, it’s only four months and you don’t have to declare your fortune.
All investments time condition is three years. Three years later, with the requirement to return investments in the same way as a legal return, you can get Turkish citizenship, also your wife, your son/s who under the 18 age. Members of your family over the age of 18 will have the right to live permanently in Turkey for life.
You don’t have to live in Turkey to get into the program. You can get your money with legal return after three years. You can sell your real estates, your citizenship will continue for life. Your wife and your son/s who under the 18 age their citizenships will continue too. Also, you don’t have to renouncement your present nationality.
Ata Kurumsal Danışmanlık A.Ş. a legal company which has a competence certificate about consulting services from Turkish Standarts Institue. We want to give more information and we want to tell of about opportunities, price advantages for you with %100 privacy. For interview appointment, please contact with our Istanbul or Ankara offices.
Conditions for Applying for Citizenship for Foreigners Who Buy a House in Turkey
As is known, related regulation (b) and with related regulation (a) regulation 20. the amendment of the article referred to in Paragraph 2 of Article. According to Paragraph B of the paragraph “at least 1,000,000 US dollars of real estate purchased by the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning provided that the comment is not sold for three years in the land registry”, it is possible to acquire Turkish citizenship as an exception for foreign real persons
In that Extent;
- In order to determine the amount specified in the article referred to in the applications for the acquisition of real estate by sale made in order to take advantage of this regulation, a real estate valuation report indicating the market value is sought by an appraiser with a valid license accepted by the SEC, prepared in accordance with valuation standards.
- Indicates market value the value of real estate in US Dollars based on the amount contained in the real estate valuation report is calculated at the effective sales rate of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey at the date of the transaction.
- Regulation date effective date this instruction shall be between 12.01.2017 where the change is made by the same person or the sum of the values specified in the relevant articles above a price that corresponds to each sale of more than one immovable at the date of the official announcement in acquiring immovable located by the rate effective sales price is calculated based on the value.
- Who have purchased real estate in the trust deed to be held by foreign natural person; “Article 20 of the regulation on the implementation of the Turkish citizenship law in the context of citizenship acquired for the purpose of acquiring real estate/real property that will sell for a period of 3 years has committed” and “in the Register of immovable Turkish citizenship law within the scope of Article 20 of the regulation on the implementation will not be sold within three years from the date of acquisition, stating that he wants to get done,” said the statement that declarations given in; “In accordance with Article 20 of the regulation on the implementation of the Turkish citizenship law, there is an obligation that it will not be sold within three years from the date of acquisition.” the designation is made.
- The effective date of the regulation is 12.01.2017 and the date of entry into force of this instruction and the official promissory note stated in the above article with the commitment to the House of declarations 3 years in the direction of not being sold by the owners of real estate, in case of notification that they want to take advantage of this regulation, “there is an obligation that the real estate will not be sold within three years from the date of acquisition in accordance with Article 20 of the regulation on the application of the Turkish citizenship law.”The designation is made in the form.
- Provided with the same journal number and date, the sum of the values specified in the relevant articles by the same person or made a demand for a higher amount that corresponds to more than one immovable immovable was each of the declarations “within the scope of Turkish citizenship law on the implementation of Article 20 of the regulation within three years from the date of acquisition there is a commitment to be sold” with the phrase specifying must be made. Interest (b) for real estate acquired between the date of 12.01.2017, which is the date of amendment of the regulation, and the date of entry into force of this instruction, the requirement that it be purchased with the same wage will not be sought.
- Declarations which are processed under the scope of the regulation specify the location in the three-year period after the expiration of the cancellation to be made in the application in question to specify the cancellation to be put by specifying a period of 3 years from the date of abandonment, upon the request of disponer for the person’s Turkish citizenship is controlled from MERNIS records whether he wins or not;
a – protection of the designation until the end of the three-year period with the rejection of the request if disponer is registered in the system as a Turkish citizen,
b-if it is not registered, it is necessary to direct the transactions according to the answer to be taken by making the question of whether the comment will be abandoned from the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs.
- Foreclosure on real estate acquired in this way, measure v.s. In case the real estate changes hands without the consent of disponer for various reasons within a period of three years, the situation is notified to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs immediately.
- Valuation report in relation to the scope of the claims in this instruction presented only for the year the transaction was made and must be held at the end of the year and ongoing operation of applications announced by the Ministry of Finance presented in the reference reports completed in the year at the revaluation rate is applied.
- If the amount in the real estate valuation report based on the sales transactions within the scope of this instruction is lower than the actual value of the property tax determined by the municipalities for the year of acquisition in accordance with the provisions of the Property Tax Law No. 1319, title fees are charged at this value.
- After the completion of the transaction, a sample of the land registry containing the designation is given to the interested person.
Conditions of Turkish Citizenship With Capital Investment
29946 numbered published in the Official Gazette dated 12 January 2017, “Regulation Amending The Regulation on The Implementation of The Turkish Citizenship Law” with $ 2 million in the amount of fixed capital investment of the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Economy performs the proposal identified by parties can be granted citizenship by the Council of Ministers decided the point where. Applications for citizenship of foreign individuals in accordance with the aforementioned regulation will be evaluated within the framework of the procedures and principles set out below.
A) Application and Review Process
1. A foreign can application for Turkish Citizenship with documents that mentioned in the below to the Ministry of Economy by 2 million dollars static capital investment with written application.
A. These must be in the petition signed by application owner;
a.Fully completed investment information form
b. A photocopy of the pages of the passport with credentials
c. Indicates the partnership structure and amount of capital belonging to the legal entity that makes the fixed capital investment, which is the basis for the application
d. Indicates the amount of fixed capital YMM approved special purpose report (the report will include determinations on fixed capital investments made after the date of publication of the regulation. Fixed capital investments made in the maximum 3-year period before the application date will be taken into account within the scope of the report for applications to be made in the following years)
e. In the same YMM report, the determination of the transfer of foreign direct investment in the amount of US $ 2 million to the company’s equity capital and the presentation of the relevant foreign exchange deposit account statement
2. The application is submitted for approval by the Ministry’s Authority if it is determined that it meets the necessary conditions by the Ministry of Economy and the General Directorate of Foreign Capital. Applications that do not meet the necessary conditions are rejected by the General Directorate of incentive application and foreign capital. For applications made with incomplete information and documents, applications that cannot complete missing information and documents within 1 month following the date of written notification to the applicant are removed from the process without any additional processing.
3. Applications deemed appropriate by the Ministry Authority are sent to the Ministry of Interior for the necessary procedures.
a. If a foreign investor is a partner in the company that makes the investment at a certain rate, the amount that will arise as a result of multiplying the ratio corresponding to the partner’s share in the company that makes the investment by the total investment amount must be at least US $ 2 million.
b. In determining fixed capital investment amounts, the date of January 12, 2017, when the regulation was issued, will be taken into account. Fixed capital investments made before this date will not give rise to the right to apply for citizenship.
c. For applications to be made in the following years, fixed capital expenditures will be calculated and the maximum 3-year expenditures will be taken into account.
d. If an additional fixed capital investment is made in an existing investment, an increase in the amount of fixed capital investment will be taken into account from the date of the start of the additional investment.
e. The process of citizenship procedures of applicants identified by the administration in which they applied with a false and misleading document in its content is stopped, and the Ministry of Interior is notified to remove the naturalized persons from citizenship. Applications that people who apply with a fake and misleading document in terms of content will make at a later date will not be taken into account, even if they meet the relevant criteria.
Application details not clear yet
The procedures and principles of applying for Turkish citizenship by investment of foreigners have been determined, accordingly, the foreigner to apply for citizenship must have a residence permit or a turquoise card. In addition, a foreigner’s wife and children under the age of 18 can also become Turkish citizens if they want.
Although the application times for citizenship vary depending on the province where the residence permit was obtained, it is estimated that it will be completed within two months.
ATA Kurumsal Danışmanlık has the equipment, qualified labor force and experience to make your Turkish citizenship applications complete and quickly with a special power of attorney. We are open to new opportunities.
The full text of the regulation is as follows.
PROCEDURES AND PRINCIPLES FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS TO ACQUIRE TURKISH CITIZENSHIP EXCEPTIONALLY
Purpose and Scope
ARTICLE- (1) These procedures and principles regulate the work and operations of foreigners who bear the conditions specified in Article 12 (b) of the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901 and in the second paragraph of Article 20 of the regulation on the implementation of the said Law.
ARTICLE 2- (1) ın these procedures and principles,
a) Foreign Representative Office: Embassy, Consulate-General, Consulate-General of the Republic of Turkey,
b) General Directorate: General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs,
c) Provincial Directorate: Provincial Directorate of population and citizenship, d) Law: Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901,
d) Institution: other public institutions and organizations other than headquarters,
e) Preliminary application form: a form containing the identity information, contact information, information from which type of application the applicant is applying for Turkish citizenship, as well as open consent for access to personal information,
f) Authorized Ministry/ institution: the Ministry/institution specified in the second paragraph of Article 20 of the regulation and will determine whether the applicant has moved the required conditions,
g) Foreign: a person who does not have a citizenship connection with the state of the Republic of Turkey,
ğ) Regulation: regulation on the implementation of the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901,
Application Authority and Procedure
ARTICLE 3- (1) The application shall be made to the provincial directorates, our external representative offices or the General Directorate, in person or by special power of attorney relating to the exercise of this right.
(2) according to Paragraph (b) of Article 12 of the law, the preliminary application form is filled out by The Foreigner applying for Turkish citizenship, the documents required in accordance with the application article specified in the form are added to the form and applied to the application authority.
Procedures To Be Performed By The Application Authority
ARTICLE 4- (1) ın applications made directly to the General Directorate, the pre-application form is checked by the General Directorate, deficiencies are completed, if any, and sent to the authorized Ministry/Institution in order to determine the conditions required in the regulation.
(2) For applications to the Provincial Directorate/external representations, the preliminary application form is checked by the provincial directorate/external representations, if any, the deficiencies are completed and sent to the General Directorate. It is transmitted by the General Directorate to the authorized Ministry/Institution in order to determine the conditions required in the regulation.
Actions To Be Performed By The Authorized Ministry/Institution
ARTICLE 5- (1) Within the framework of the procedures and principles to be determined by the competent Ministry/institution, it is determined whether the foreigner has fulfilled the conditions sought in the second paragraph of Article 20 of the regulation. The result is notified to the General Directorate.
Operations To Be Carried Out By The General Directorate
ARTICLE 6- (1) The competent ministry/institution within the framework of procedures and principles to be determined by the 20th of the second paragraph of regulation determined that the settlement requirements are fulfilled in the stranger about his family and the directorate-general/foreign delegations, pursuant to Article 12 of the law by taking recourse to the documents specified in the third paragraph of Article 20 of the regulation created the file to be sent to the General Directorate for citizenship are asked.
(2) On the citizenship file from the Provincial Directorate/external representative office, the necessary action is taken by the General Directorate and the result is communicated to the interested parties through the provincial directorate/external representative office.
Responsibility and cancellation of Turkish Citizenship
ARTICLE 7- (1) Foreigners who are found to carry the conditions sought in the second paragraph of Article 20 of the regulation must continue to carry these conditions for the period stipulated in the regulation, and the determination of this issue is made by the competent Ministry/institution.
The Turkish citizenship of this person is revoked by the General Directorate in accordance with Article 31 of the law.
If you meet one of the following conditions, you can obtain Turkish citizenship
Except imperative public service, education and health reasons, stays outside Turkey that exceed 180 days in total in the last five years are considered a deduction in residence. Previous permit periods are not taken into account when applying for a residence permit or switching to another residence permit for those who have a residence deduction. In the calculation of continuous residence permit periods, all residence permits are counted. Work permit and “Work Permit Exemption Confirmation Document” periods are included in the total period in the calculation of residence permit periods 13/23. Residence permits obtained by contracted marriage and subsequently revoked are not taken into account in the collection of residence permit periods.
If a foreigner is married to a Turk and has been for three years, he can claim Turkish citizenship. If the family has kids, their requests will turn into result fastly.
You can contact us by the form next to this section
You can invest in real estate wherever you want. But we can make suggestions if you want. The choice is yours. When you receive services from us, we will take every legal action to obtain Turkish citizenship with your power of attorney
Ata Kurumsal Danışmanlık, services to you optional Property Search for find ideal real estate. It has experts to assist throughout the process to complete all legal proceedings, from property searches to the purchase of real estate.
Citizenship is granted to foreigners who buy homes after 5 years, in this 5 year process, foreigners can be out of the Turkey only 1 year, citizenship is not immediately granted to who buy home. 1 million dollars is base criterion for getting citizenship by the buying real estate. Housing purchased before the law is passed is sold and citizenship is acquired by re-purchase.