Student residence permit is required for foreign students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, doctorate and associate degree programs affiliated to the Higher Education Institutions in Turkey.
Foreigners who will apply for a student residence permit are required to enter Turkey with a study / training visa obtained from the Turkish Consulates. Following this, it is necessary for the foreigner to apply for a this residence permit within one month of his arrival in Turkey.
Foreign students who are enrolled in universities can get a student residence permit that covers the entire duration of the course. Students who are studying at primary and secondary schools may also apply for a this residence permit type for up to one year on each application. The period of this permit can not be much longer than the duration of study of Foreign Student who is applying for residence permit. Student residence permit holder Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. students are allowed to work directly with work permit (6735 numbered law). But foreign students enrolled in Associate’s Degree programs can work for a maximum of 24 hours per week with a work permit.
You may interested : Student Work Permit
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT
- Four (4) pcs photos
- Residence permit application form
- Passport or original and photocopy of passport substitude document
- Declaration which states that financial capacity is to be provided sufficiently and regularly throughout the stay ($ 500 bank account for each month of stay- During the requested residence permit period, if expenses are covered by public authorities, the applicant need to notify the authority concerned.)
- Student certificate
- In the case of being under 18 years of age, the person must be given consent by the parents or legal representatives living away from him, and the document must be issued and administered by the real and legal persons.
- Private Health Insurance Policy (If students request, they will be covered by general health insurance within three months of the registration date. After the general health insurance has been issued within three months, notification of the administration is required. Therefore, health insurance is not required in this application.)
Reasons for Denial of Work Permit Application
Reasons for Rejection of the Application for Work Permit The 14th article of the law namely Work Permit for Foreigners defines the rejection reasons of work permits. As a general rule, if the needed workforce can be provided within the internal market, the work permit for foreigners may be rejected. Within the scope of this,